Monday, November 23, 2015

weekender || the one with mom's 60th party

happy Monday loves! 

This weekend was BUSY, y'all. My mom turns 60 on November 29th and since that's all uber close to Thanksgiving, I found this weekend to be best to throw her a dinner to celebrate turning 60 and fabulous with her girlfriends. I do have a lot of fun planning and throwing parties so it was fun, the not-so fun part was that Tripp also had a wrestling tournament this week so my help was unavailable. I have to say that mom and her sweet ladies seemed to have a good time though and that's LITERALLY all I wanted for mom's milestone birthday!


 We had assortment of cupcakes and coffee mocha punch [which is so delish by the way]!

Chili- Moms favorite..like she can literally eat it everyday

Then a small potato bar which I wish I had leftovers because it was quite yummy!

My mom and Grandmother! 60 and 87 never looked so good!

Love seeing her happy and she got the sweetest gifts!

Mom, Grandmother and her sweet friends!!

Okay, so I could just share that part of my weekend with y'all, I call that the GOOD part but I like being honest and real on here so it wasn't all parties and good food. I've missed my brother like crazy this week, it comes in waves but this week they were more frequent and rougher. I don't know if it's because I was planning something for my mom or because it's getting closer to the holidays but I miss that dude so bad. I often thought while planning the party this weekend how even if my brother was here, he wouldn't be helping ha. I mean I'm the daughter and that's my job so I would just be complaining how he wasn't helping but I would much rather be complaining about him rather than missing him. People who haven't had a loss like that just don't understand so I didn't want to talk about it this week with the people around me. Being a sibling that's lost a sibling, I am also not a fan of sharing with my family how I feel. I know they experienced the loss when Micah died too but they had different relationships [son, grandson, nephew] and I don't want to bring up sadness if they are having a good week. It can be frustrating to try and get them to understand my pain being Micah's sister. I feel protective over our relationship because he was my only brother and I was his only sister. I get irritable when people try to relate their relationship with him to mine, I don't know if that's just me or if that is apart of grief. I just spent the week being very internal, I don't know whether that was good or not but that's what happened. I started this blog to talk about grief so I just wanted to share that even a year and half later, waves hit and they stay around longer than a day but I'm determined that we're gonna make it, y'all!

here is a little Monday motivation for you:



happy Monday! It's officially Thanksgiving week and my only work day whoooohoo! Linking up with Biana, as usual!



10 comments :

  1. Thanks for keeping it real! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your Momma! And as always, I love how open you are about your internal struggles. Your honesty is refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party for your mom! And a potato bar? Sign me up! Sorry to hear you were feeling down about your brother recently but it's totally normal to still feel sad and upset about it. That quote couldn't be more perfect! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom and everyone looks like they had a great time.
    I can't imagine what you're feeling like right now, but just know we're here to listen and send positive thoughts your way! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. The party for your mom looked awesome!! Loved your menu and I need that coffee mocha punch recipe!!! And love the quote you posted ... the holidays and special occasions can be hard for missing family members - sending you lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great party for your mom! It is always hard during the holidays when you have lost someone, but sometimes being with your family does help because you can reminisce about the good times that you spent together. Hugs to you and praying that you find comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing party for your mom! Glad she had a great birthday! While I haven't lost a sibling, I lost my mom and the holidays/big events are the hardest. You just miss them and it's okay. It's okay to feel how you feel and deal with it how you need to deal. There is no wrong or right way, no matter what anyone else says :) I know it's not the same type of relationship lost, but if you ever want to chat - I'm here! Hope you're having a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky it's your only work day!!! And what a great party you threw for your mom. Be so glad that her and your grandma are close enough to be able to do that! I wish that all the time now that I'm far away from mine.

    You keep it so real and are always honest, if you need someone to listen or chat with, I really am here! Would love to, some time. I definitely understand about keeping things and pain internal and not wanting to share with the people that are closest to me. Xo!

    Staci
    www.missbloodymary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom's birthday party looks fab!! I love that you keep it real. I can't imagine going through that. I think I would turn into myself as well. Glad you have this space to share and know we are all thinking off you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Not A Mom on:
// bloglovin' // facebook // twitter // instagram //

I absolutely love comments so please share your thoughts with me! If you don't receive a response, it must be that you are a no-reply blogger so please go to http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html so I can connect with you!