Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Southern Living Mag:Holiday

hi cheery friends! 

I loved all the feedback on yesterday's post about drugstore products, I have a few to try thanks to y'all!..I forgot a few from that list that will be on Friday Fav's this week so make sure to check that out. Also, my schedule changes a bit in the mornings during wrestling season so expect my blogs to be around 7am central everyday instead of 5:30am because I try to spend mornings with Tripp since he gets off later, therefore goes to bed earlier so it's a little schedule change that I'm trying to figure out how to adapt my blog schedule too, so bear with me!

I got a special delivery in the mail last night, not sure if I'm late on getting it or early or right on time but I got IT y'all! My holiday edition of Southern Living Magazine....SWOON!

I read it cover to cover last night and wanted to share my faves from this article, lets be honest that the holiday edition is always the BEST!

THAT COVER...{insert heart eye emojis!} Nothing I love more than white for Christmas decor.


Speaking of white..I've never even considered a white coat for Winter.  I know I'd be a little paranoid of getting something on it but that's why they make tide to-go pens and I kind of die for this coat. What do y'all think of a white coat?! 


I love the "small town we love" article, probably because I'm from a small a town but this one is simply GORGEOUS! Take me to it immediately. I have several small towns on my bucket list to visit in the U.S. and I will be adding this one to it. I don't know about y'all but my town doesn't quite decorate like this much!


This is such a sweet article because it highlights some great places in the south and I have actually never been to the one or heard of it from my own state, I looked it up and unfortunately it's 4 hours away so I don't know if I'll be making it this winter BUT the one from Tennessee is the GAYLORD OPRY CHRISTMAS...and y'all know by now..THAT IS MY PLACE. Last year just changed me, I'm a weirdo [aka freakishly love it, even if it's just an hour away] about traveling because I don't do it much but this trip and location just made me believe in Santa again..it t'was magical! 


Okay, so here is the thing. I absolutely love my house but I totally think about how I could decorate if I didn't have a male [whom I love and adore, y'all!] living with me {pink kitchen appliances, anyone?!} and this bedroom would so be my guest room in that house. I love the monogram and the wreaths on the bed for small touches. What's in y'alls single girl dream house?!



The article for "Holiday Houseguests" is so cute and I loved all the quotes and suggestions for having company during the holidays. My favorite one is above, it's so neat that he took the "Do Not Disturb" signs from all the different places he's stayed and used them in his own house. I love having company since I've gotten my own guest room set up but it's not quite complete and I need to add some of these suggestions!


I love pretty packaging and these make me happy. Sometimes I forget that red and green are Christmas colors because I don't have much of it in my own house for decor but these are gorgeous. One year I went ALL out for wrapping gifts, I mean they were beautiful and I had the best time. I feel like Christmas has just become so much of "What did you get me!?" that I'm actually getting gift cards for the majority this year so I won't be wrapping. {insert sad emoji}


I surely do love a good gift guide and near the back there are so many different guides but this one had the Swell bottle so I thought I'd give y'all a glimpse into it!

The rest is a bunch of FANTASTIC recipes that are gorgeously arranged so make sure you check it out, here are a two I'd like to try:

We love anything Red Velvet here and it says "Super Easy" so we need to give these a try! 

Homemade cinnamon rolls are on the list for Christmas morning! Tripp's mom always makes the breakfast casserole so I think these would be a good addition with that. 


So those were my favorites from this year's holiday edition! Did y'all get yours yet?! What was your favorite?


“Tutu









10 comments :

  1. I LOVE SL Christmas magazine. Soooo pretty and so many tasty recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you earmarked the gift wrapping section! I need to scoop this magazine up! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven' gotten any the holiday magazines yet but Ooo I can't wait! I love the Real Simple Christmas magazines! It's so motivating - Especially the recipes! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont see a white coat & not think of Olivia from Scandal :)
    Gaylord Opryland - I'll probably be there on black Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, I have a white coat and I. LOVE. IT. I cannot stress how gorgeous it is. It adds SO much class to any outfit! You should totally get one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get this magazine but I feel like I desperately need to!!! Such good things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to get this but now I don't for some reason. I just got the Martha Stewart holiday magazine a few days ago but haven't had a chance to open it yet.. I looooove holiday editions. Go for the white coat for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me so giddy!!! I love Christmas so so much!!! I love the white coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Christmas mags!!! LOVE the white coat - I'd have the same worry but I think you could manage and it'd be SO pretty. And those cinnamon rolls ... mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the idea of a white coat but I would be too scared to wear it myself haahha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Not A Mom on:
// bloglovin' // facebook // twitter // instagram //

I absolutely love comments so please share your thoughts with me! If you don't receive a response, it must be that you are a no-reply blogger so please go to http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html so I can connect with you!