Monday, August 17, 2015

happy birthday bub.

hey people!

This Monday is a little different for the blog, I have bit of a heavy heart today. Today would've been my brother's 28th birthday, he was 26 when he died. Birthdays were always a huge deal in our house growing up, being that it was just us two we both usually enjoyed each others birthday.

I just miss him in the most selfish way possible. So today instead of talking about him, I posted a little video of pictures of us growing up. Love you, idiot. Missing you everyday. Mom and Dad are miserable without you and I still can't believe you left me here to deal with them alone {not fair...jk mom!}.

For Micah's birthday, I have been asking everyone to watch Russell Brand's Addiction to Recovery on netflix. It's amazing and I couldn't have made a better documentary about drugs if I made it myself.




8 comments :

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I know today must be extremely hard for you and your family. Loved getting to see all the pictures of you guys growing up though, so cute! Thinking about you today girl!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you. Hope the poncho sweater brightened your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of positive thoughts today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today friend. I pray that God can give you some peace today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started reading your blog last week (found you through your comments on Mix & Match Mama!). I am also in the "not a mom" phase so I am enjoying your posts. I'm so sorry about your brother and will definitely check out that documentary in his memory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thinking of you and your family and your sweet brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your brother. I'll be praying for you all! August 17 was a heavy day for us this year as well. It was my and my grandpa's birthday, and this was our first year without him. It is so hard to lose someone so close. Prayers! -Jess
    www.sweetlittleonesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy late birthday! I definitely understand what you're feeling and know you're not alone. I hope one day to be able to celebrate his birthday in a fun way, but the first two years have been really difficult. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Follow Not A Mom on:
// bloglovin' // facebook // twitter // instagram //

I absolutely love comments so please share your thoughts with me! If you don't receive a response, it must be that you are a no-reply blogger so please go to http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.com/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html so I can connect with you!